We’re actually only 6 days in…
- The house is very nice: four stories, nice spaces, small kitchen, large ceilings, and plenty of room for visitors.
- Courbevoie is very nice: farmer’s market Wed and Sat with everything including piles of shrimp. On our way to church this morning, we passed the library, couple of schools, a little supermarket and a butcher shop. (The last two are everywhere).
- Twenty min walk to La Defense, home of The Grande Arche, shopping malls, gateway to trains to Paris and beyond.
- No car necessary, although a bicycle would come in handy.
- Eiffel Tower, Louvre, Disneyland Paris
- Train tickets: we haven’t figured out all of the options, but have traveled everywhere we’ve wanted to. Also, haven’t got on the wrong train (yet).
- &#%@?! AT&T – claim they need 5-7 days to unlock my iPhone. They could have told me that last week or the month prior…I thought I had the whole thing set — of course not.
- I’ve got a high bar here, but don’t want to be immediately recognized as an American. This usually is born out in less than 1 sentence where the other party will volunteer to speak English. I don’t like that. I have stopped wearing my cell phone on my belt — no one does that here. Le pick-pocket? Also, Elizabeth tells me I need pointy shoes…
- French bank account: the boss is on holiday, his surrogate won’t approve. Jeremy, our banker, is very apologetic. Haven’t really needed it anyway…
- Can understand 1-10 easily, but can’t really go above that. 12? 30? I’ve no idea, but can ramp up pretty quickly.
This week’s goals:
- Haircut. Could be interesting.